This plugin requires AffiliateWP in order to function.
AffiliateWP Checkout Referrals allows a customer to award commission to an affiliate at checkout. This can be done via a select menu or input field. If an affiliate is already being tracked by the customer the affiliate select menu or input field is not shown at checkout.
Currently supported integrations
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Restrict Content Pro
- Shows a select menu or input field at checkout (but only when a referral link is not used) that allows a customer to select/enter an affiliate that their purchase will be credited to. The input field allows either an affiliate ID or username to be entered.
- Adds a payment note to the order screen showing the referral ID, amount recorded for affiliate, and affiliate’s name.
- Optionally require that the customer select or enter an affiliate at checkout.
- Select how the Affiliate’s should be displayed in the select menu.
- Select what text is shown above the select menu at checkout.
What is AffiliateWP?
AffiliateWP provides a complete affiliate management system for your WordPress website that seamlessly integrates with all major WordPress e-commerce and membership platforms. It aims to provide everything you need in a simple, clean, easy to use system that you will love to use.
- Unpack the entire contents of this plugin zip file into your
- Upload to your site
- Navigate to
wp-admin/plugins.phpon your site (your WP Admin plugin page)
- Activate this plugin.
- Configure the options from Affiliates → Settings → Integrations
OR you can just install it with WordPress by going to Plugins → Add New → and type this plugin’s name
Contributors & Developers
“AffiliateWP Checkout Referrals” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- New: Requires WordPress 5.2 minimum
- New: Enforce minimum dependency requirements checking
- New: Requires PHP 5.6 minimum
- New: Requires WordPress 5.0 minimum
- New: Requires AffiliateWP 2.6 minimum
- Improved: Use tracking cookie name getters in AffiliateWP 2.7.1+
- New: Add a setting for how to sort the affiliate list
- Improved: Test for WordPress 5.7 compatibility
- Improved: Move settings from Integrations to a dedicated Checkout Referrals tab
- Fixed: WooCommerce: Use built-in functionality for signifying a Woo checkout field as optional or required
- Fixed: Avoid a notice by only listing affiliates with valid corresponding user accounts
- Fixed: Remove bundled language files now that translations have been imported on WordPress.org
- Tweak: Make it possible to only allow specific affiliates to be selected at checkout with the
- Tweak: Allow language translations to be handled by WordPress.org
- Fix: RCP: Register form shows the affiliate drop-down even when visiting on an affiliate link
- New: Checkout Referrals is now compatible with the Lifetime Commissions add-on
- Tweak: Hide affiliate select/input on first page load if affiliate link is used
- Fix: Referrals not being generated in WooCommerce integration.
- New: Restrict Content Pro was added as an integration that Checkout Referrals supports
- Fix: Referrals not being generated in some instances where the username entered started with a number
- Fix: A scenario where if the AffiliateWP settings were not saved after installing Checkout Referrals, the select menu at checkout wouldn’t show affiliates correctly.
- New: Affiliate Selection Method. An input field can now be shown instead of a select menu. This allows a customer to enter either an affiliate ID or username.
- Fix: Tracked affiliate coupons were not working when checkout referrals was active
- Tweak: Improved the way referrals are created
- Initial release