bbPress Contacts allows you to add contact and bookmarking customizable buttons (add contact/remove contact) to bbPress profiles, and in the forums below topics and replies author details.
These buttons will permit logged in members to add this user as contact or remove them as contact.
A contacts section is added to the bbPress profile of current user, allowing them to:
- View bookmarked users and contacts
- Search these users
- Quick removing a contact with a small cross button
- Paginating through these results.
Also, AJAX can be enabled (enabled by default) to process buttons faster, and process the search, pagination and list the available contacts in the bbPress profile page.
You can set it up the way you want, bbPress Contacts is translation-ready and easy to customize, so you can possibly rename “Add Contact” to “Bookmark” or “Add as Friend”, etc.
I will write a blog post about using and customizing this plugin. Be sure to check https://blog.samelh.com
This project is also available on Github, fork it from there, or open new issues for bug reporting, or feature suggestion, or imporvement.
See my other bbPress premium plugins
Hire me for a custom bbPress plugin
More docs coming soon.
- Install and activate the plugin:
- Upload the plugin to your plugins directory, or use the WordPress installer.
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“bbPress Contacts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “bbPress Contacts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Included more hooks, to make it easy to extend the plugin
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Initial release.