This is basic BMI Calculator for Body Mass Index calculation.
Calculation can be done in imperial or metric units. Here is metric BMI chart and imperial BMI chart.
Body Mass Index calculator is for adults only. For kids and youths check these calculators: BMI Calculator for 5-19 age girls or
BMI Calculator for 5-19 age boys.
Calculator is very easy customizable: you can change color of background, borders and text to match your web site’s theme and change widget title, make prefered default unit (imperial or metric).
It can be placed on sidebar as widget or incorporated into post or page using shortcode.
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and add the widget to your website sidebar
Use [cc-bmi] short code if you want embed the BMI calculator into a post instead of adding it as a widget on sidebar.
Short code parameters are:
- title (optional) – sets calculator’s title (default – “BMI calculator”)
- onlyunits (optional) – shows only one unit. Available options – imperial, metric or all (default – “all”)
- units (optional) – This option is availabe if onlyunits = “all”. Sets default unit to display. Available options – imperial or metric (default – “imperial”)
- bg_color (optional) – sets background color (default – “#f8f8f8”)
- border_color (optional) – sets border color (default – “#ddd”)
- text_color (optional) – sets text color (default – “#666666”)
- header_footer_bg_color (optional) – sets header and footer background color (default – “#ddd”)
- header_footer_text_color (optional) – sets header and footer text color (default – “#666666”)
- button_bg_color (optional) – sets button background color (default – “#a0a0a0”)
- button_text_color (optional) – sets button text color (default – “#ffffff”)
- button_border_color (optional) – sets button border color (default – “#a0a0a0”)
- dev_credit (optional) – shows developer’s credit (default – “1”)
Example of shortcode usage: [cc-bmi onlyunits=”metric”]
Use Color Picker to get hex code of color you need.
Please visit BMI plugin home page for more detailed installation and setup instructions
Can I use this widget on commercial website
Please contact us if you have further questions or suggestions.
Contributors & Developers
“CC BMI Calculator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “CC BMI Calculator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added ability to show only metric or imperial or both units
- Result labels are shown in capital letters now
- Fixed some calls to depreciated php funtions
- Fixed advanced options screen issues
- Fixed minor bug (fixed radio buttons layout)
- Initial release