Create a table of contents and help users easily navigate your WordPress site. Define the table of contents sections using headers and css classes. Updated and tested 2021 Version
This WordPress table of contents plugin allows users to generate a table of contents which can be added to any page or post of your WordPress site. This table of contents plugin supports building a multi level table of contents which is fully customizable. The plugin lets users create a content specific index of your content with shortcodes.
Customize your table of contents with different sections and headers, defined by your page or post content. Customize your table of contents with different sections, titles, positions, sidebars, and headers, defined by your page or post content. You can define the table of contents using div / span tags or css classes and not only by h1 / h2 tags.
Add a table of contents to you WordPress site to help your site users easily navigate between different sections of your content and improves their overall experience.
Basic WordPress Table of Content Plugin Features
- Table of Contents can be defined by a tag
- Change Table of Contents label
Benefits of Going Pro
- Define TOC by tag, class and id
- Collapse TOC on page upload
- Automatically create TOC for all site pages
- Define TOC using unique tags on each post or page
- Insert TOC in any specific location on a post or a page using a shortcode
- Easily style the navigation table font size
- Support multiple pages TOC
How to Use the WordPress Table of Contents Plugin
- Automatically add the navigation table to any page or post
- Customize your table of contents based on specific tags and classes
- Style the table for user needs or design
table of contents, toc, navigation, contents, indexes , pages, posts, definitions, automatic, hints, category, listing, cms, index, indexes, list, table of contents, toc, html, tag, class, shortcode, table of contents plugin, table of contents, table plugin wordpress, wordpress table of contents, wordpress table of contents plugin, table plugin, navigation table plugin, wordpress navigation plugin, wordpress navigation table plugin, table of contents wordpress
Requires at least: 3.9
Suggested Plugins by CreativeMinds
- CM Ad Changer – Manage, Track and Report Advertising Campaigns Across Sites. Can turn your Turn your WP into an Ad Server
- CM Super ToolTip Glossary – Easily creates a Glossary, Encyclopaedia or Dictionary of your website’s terms and shows them as a tooltip in posts and pages when hovering. With many more powerful features.
- CM Download Manager – Allows users to upload, manage, track and support documents or files in a download directory listing database for others to contribute, use and comment upon.
- CM Answers Plugin – A fully-featured WordPress Questions & Answers Plugin that allows you to build multiple discussion forum systems Just like StackOverflow, Yahoo Answers and Quora, Now with MicroPayment and Anonymous posting support!.
- CM MicroPayments – Adds the in-site support for your own “virtual currency”. The purpose of this plugin is to allow in-site transactions without the necessity of processing the external payments each time (quicker & easier). Developers can use it as a platform to integrate with their own plugins.
- CM Restrict Content – A full-featured, powerful membership solution and content restriction plugin for WordPress. Support access by role to content on your site.
- CM OnBoarding – Superb Guidance tool which improves the online experience and
the user satisfaction.
- CM Booking Calendar – Customers can easily schedule appointments and pay for them directly through your website.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Define your table-of-content terms under the table-of-content menu item in the administration interface. The title of the page should be the term. The body content should be the definition.
- Create a main table-of-content page (example “Table of Contents”) with no body content if you wish to. If you do not create this page then your terms will still be highlighted but there will not be a central listing of all your terms.
- In the plugin’s dashboard preferences, enter the main table-of-content page’s id (optional as above)
- There are a handful of other optional preferences available in the dashboard.
Contributors & Developers
“CM Table Of Contents” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors