Plugin adds a widget that allows to display anounces of selected posts in a special blocks in the sidebar. Supports the display of thumbnails, custom fields, your own styles. Styles may be configured through a separate CSS file.
- Category ID (the desired category ID)
- Number of anounces (number of displaying anounces)
- Number of chars (number of chars in one anounce)
- With custom field (only for anounces with custom fields)
- Special style
- Show category (displaying or not the name of category)
- Show thumbnail
To insert thumbnail in a block with the announcement,
just add the appropriate post field ‘favpostimg’ (lowercase, without quotes)
and set full path (URL) to image.
If you want display only favorites posts that you want,
then add in the appropriate post any custom field with any value
(value of custom field must be not empty) and set this field in widget options.
In this case categories do not matter.
Add to sidebar so many widgets as you like and displaying through each
widget only selected posts with appropriate custom fields.
If nothing set in widget options, then default settings is category 1,
number of anounces 3, number of chars in each anounce 300.
For make your own style of special anounces blocks use css file ‘/favposts/favposts.css’.
List of css classes that you can change:
- cat-design – style displaying of category
- cat-nodesign – displaying category without special style
- fav-title – style titles of posts
- favblok-design – style displaying of anounce
- favblok-nodesign – style displaying without special style
- favimg – style displaying thumbnails in anounces
- Upload whole directory
- Activate the plugin ‘Favorites Posts’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add the widget ‘Favorites Posts’ to your sidebar from Appearance->Widgets and configure the widget options.
- Why thumbnail not displaying in anounces?
May be not correct custom field or not correct path (URL) to image. Check it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Favorites Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First version.
- Confirmed WordPress 3.4 compatibility
- Various bug fixes and code cleanups