The best WooCommerce shipping method
A conditional shipping method for WooCommerce: easy to understand and use. Allow you to setup weight based shipping rates, or whatever: price, volume, category…
You can also configure conditional free shipping, conditional local pickup, conditional flat rate or any shipping rate parcels.
Exact fit shipping rates on your WooCommerce shop
Most online shops set generic shipping rates: too much for some products and fewer for another… are you?
A flexible shipping table rate, anything can be set & combined
- Conditional shipping
- Free shipping
- Weight based shipping
- Volume based shipping
- Price based shipping
- Cart product quantity based shipping
- Cart totals based shipping
- Dimensions based shipping (width, height and/or length)
- Conditional local pickup reduced cost or free
- Any shipping rate parcels can be set manually
- Shipping rates per product category
- Shipping rates per tag category
Per user role: customer, subscriber, etc. [NEW!]
Extra fees, handling, discounts after shipping rate calculation [NEW!]
…any combination, nested as you need. Really!
Setup exact shipping rates easily
Fish and Ships it’s a WooCommerce shipping table-rate based method that help you to increase sales and avoid costs loss, throught an easy to use and understand shipping table rate cost, with multiple conditional options (as you need).
You can set multiple conditional rules on the table rate: based on price, weight, product quantity on cart, dimensions, volume, shipping class, product tag and product category.
There is a few plugins table rate-based shipping rates calculation, but only Fish and Ships allow you to add on every rule multiple criteria selection:
(condition #1 AND condition #2 AND condition #3), or (condition #1 OR condition #2 OR condition #3)… as you need, on every rule!
…from the simplest to the most complex selection criteria, any need can be fulfilled. Based on the WooCommerce shiping zones.
Here is the list of all selection methods:
- Cart items
- Min/Mid/Max dimensions
- In shipping class
- NOT In shipping class
- Volumetric [PRO]
- Length+Width+Height total [PRO]
- Length+Girth (Length + 2Width + 2Height) [PRO]
- In category [PRO]
- NOT In category [PRO]
- Tagged as [PRO]
- NOT Tagged as [PRO]
- Cart total (subtotal cart – discounts) [PRO]
- User role: customer, subscriber, etc. [PRO]
- Date selectors: Weekday, Day of month, Month, Year, Full date, Day of year and Time. [PRO]
…Everything can be combined with AND / OR logical operator, on every rule. [OR only on PRO]
You can set an agroupation of the items cart before analize the conditions:
- None (every item will be analised alone)
- Per ID / SKU (same item will be grouped)
- Per product (variations will be grouped)
- Per shipping class grouping
- All products grouped
shipping rate calculation
You can calculate shipping rates per:
- Per cart items
- Per products weight
- Per price products (percentage)
- Per matching groups (groped under your group-by option)
- Composite: all previous methods (or what you need) together
Custom shipping rates for different currencies (as option)
Extra fees, handling, discounts after shipping rate calculation [PRO]
Take the control and reduce abandoned carts
Powerful computer coding made easy as a piece of cake, this will take you to another level on your WooCommerce shipping
Add custom messages, rename the woocommerce shipping method or add extra info on the fly when your conditions match! here is the list of all Special Actions:
- Abort shipping method
- Stop (ignore below rules)
- Skip N rules [PRO]
- Reset previous costs [PRO]
- Set min/max rule costs [PRO]
- Matching products skip below rules [PRO]
- Show notice message [PRO]
- Rename method title [PRO]
- Add subtitle (text under title) [PRO]
- Auto-apply coupons (with custom messages and more) [PRO]
- Math expressions parser to calculate shipping rates [PRO]
- Shipping boxes bin packer [PRO]
- Hide shipping methods (FnS, WC native and third party) [PRO]
- NEW: Cart total messages (when there isn’t shipping options available) [PRO]
…all combinable on every rule.
Other shipping method options
Apart of the table rules, you’ll find this options on the method:
- Method title
- Tax status (apply tax or not over the calculated shipping rate)
- Global / On every condition group-by option [PRO]
- Group-by (explained over, the options are: none, per ID/SKU, per product, per shiping class, all as one)
- Calculation type: charge all matching rules / only the most expensive
- Min shipping price: (if the method applies, you can set a min value cost in any case)
- Max shipping price: (if the method applies, you can set a max value cost in any case)
Multicurrency plugins supported
- Support for the official WooCommerce multi-currency plugin: link
- Support for WPML+WCML MultiCurrency: link
- Support for Aelia, premium multi-currency plugin: link
- Support for WOOCS, freemium multi-currency plugin: link
- Support for Multi Currency for WC, freemium plugin: link
- Support for WP Wham Currency Switcher, freemium plugin: link
Other 3rd party plugins supported
- Support for WPC Product Bundles: link
- Support for the plugin Uni CPO: link
- Support for the Skyverge Measurement Price Calculator plugin: link [PRO]
…and much, much more:
Free shipping support: now you can take control over zero cost shipping rates
Fish and Ships for WooCommerce shipping comes with extensvie help files and context links to it
Intuitive wizard will guide you just activate the plugin, through WooCommerce screens
It will work in your currency and measurements set in WC settings
Multilingual support using the WPML plugin (soon we will support others)
Import / export settings added: duplicate the shipping method settings or move between stage/production site in one breath [NEW]
*A built-in log system to help you to learn, understand or debug any complex shipping method configuration
Here you can read the help files →
Here you can compare the Free vs Pro features →
- English (plugin and help files)
- Spanish (plugin and help files)
- Portuguese (plugin and help files), thanks to Nuno Melo
- Italian (plugin and help files), thanks to Marco Cappalunga
- French (plugin only, lookin for translators)
- Catalan (plugin and help files)
- Finnish (plugin and help files), thanks to Ari Koivunen
I want to translate Fish and Ships
You’re welcomed! We offer a forever license of Fish and Ships Pro in exchange for plugin and help translation.
Can be installed as usual:
Manual: Download from wordpress.org, unzip and upload through FTP to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Then go to admin plugins page and activate it.
From admin plugins>add new page: search “fish and ships” and click on install button, then activate.
How to configure the plugin?
Simply activate it, and a wizard will appear. Follow it through WooCommerce screens and you’ll get your first Fish and Ships shipping method to start configure the shipping rules.
How I can re-start the wizard?
Go to plugins admin page again, and look for the link “Start: run wizard” into the Fish and Ships plugin row.
Where I can find the help?
Fish and Ships comes with context help. You can open it on any help icon (?) on the shipping method screen.
However, you can see also this help in our website help docs →.
You’ll find this link also in the admin plugins page of your site.
Yes. For now it supports only WPML, but it’s in our roadmap make it compatible with more options in the future.
Yes. Please read Multicurrency section.
Which currency and units for dimensions and weight will be used?
Fish and Ships will work in the currency and measurements that you’ve set in WooCommerce settings, just as the way WC does.
How I configure conditional local pickup at reduced cost or free?
Same as flat rate or free shipping, just below:
How I configure conditional flat rate shipping?
Create a shipping method with Fish and Ships. Enter to edit it, and rename as you want: Flat rate or whathever.
Then add an unique rule, put the conditions (nested more than one if you need) and set a price with the property “once”.
How I configure conditional free shipping?
Create a shipping method with Fish and Ships. Enter to edit it, and rename as you want: Free shipping or whathever.
Then add an unique rule, put the conditions (nested more than one if you need) and set a price as 0 with the property “once”.
Check the option “Zero shipping rate calculation will offer free shipping.” at the bottom.
Can I configure really complex shipping rate parcels?
Sure. Any combination of rules can be achieved: nested weight, volume, dimensions, prices, etc. conditions can be configured easily.
Required plugins and compatibility versions?
Fish and Ships has widely tested with older and latest; our philosophy is to cover the maximum releases (when are viable) and obviously cover all future releases.
- PHP: from 5.5 to current release (tested up to 8.0.x).
- WordPress: from 4.4, all posterior releases (tested up to 6.0).
- WooCommerce: from 2.6, all posterior releases (tested up to 7.0).
- WPML: Tested the contemporary releases with the WooCommerce / WP releases.
Fish and Ships Free vs Pro?
Contributors & Developers
“Fish and Ships – Most flexible shipping method table rate. A WooCommerce conditional shipping rate” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Fish and Ships – Most flexible shipping method table rate. A WooCommerce conditional shipping rate” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Fish and Ships – Most flexible shipping method table rate. A WooCommerce conditional shipping rate” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.4.14 – 02/05/2023
- Support for WooCoommerce HPOS, the WooCommerce CRUD, aka High-Performance order storage (COT)
- Checked for WooCommerce 7.6
1.4.13 – 12/04/2023
- Minor issues solved & support for F&S Pro features
1.4.12 – 28/03/2023
- Fixed (the infrequent) error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function check_wpml() or is_wc() on null
- Checked for WordPress 6.2
- Checked for WooCommerce 7.5
1.4.11 – 28/02/2023
- Solved bug for manual prices on secondary currency: dropdown method selector is now well locked
1.4.10 – 15/02/2023
- Solved bug on first switch to composite shipping cost for rule #1
- Checked for WooCommerce 7.4
(see full changelog on changelog.txt file)