Accurate shipping quotes for pallets, cartons & satchels. Instant bookings with great carriers.
FreightExchange gives you instant access to multiple pallet & carton carriers so that you can automate order quoting and dispatch across all of your your stores, warehouses and brands. FreightExchange makes it easy for your business to save time and money when shipping bulky goods. With branded tracking notifications, same day shipping support, we help you fulfil orders faster with our simple, intuitive shipping platform.
Accurate, instant quotes at check-out, no matter how bulky your goods
Discounted rates with leading pallet & carton carriers, out of the box
One-click labels and shipping documents
Before installing this plugin you should have the following information handy:
- Signup on FreightExchange shipping platform.
- API Key from FreightExchange shipping platform.
Install and activate the plugin
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins => Add New. Search for “FreightExchange”, and click Install Now.
After the installation process completes, click the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
- Once the installation is done, FreightExchange will appear under WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > FreightExchange.
- Under FreightExchange, please set the following:
- Check the “Enable” chckbox. It will start showing the LIVE rates from FreightExchange platform to the customers.
- Paste the API Key which was generated by FreightExchange platform.
- Check the “Enable” checkbox for “Show Prices Inclusive of GST”.
- Enter the Origin Contact Name, in order to make bookings, we need to send a contact name of a person at the origin address to the carriers.
- Enter the Origin Phone Number, in order to make bookings, we need to send a phone number of a person at the origin address to the carriers, this can be either a phone number of landline.
- Freight Cost (Default), backup flat shipping cost shown to customers when the quote request to FreightExchange fails due to some reason.
- Markup / Shipment as %, make money on shipping by adding a percentage markup on freight cost send back from FreightExchange. If we sent back $10 via API and you have said 20% markup, we will show the shipping cost as $12 in the checkout screen. This can be used together with the fixed markup.
- Markup / Shipment as $, Make money on shipping by adding a fixed markup on freight cost send back from FreightExchange. If we sent back $10 via API and you have said $5 markup, we will show the shipping cost as $15 in the checkout screen. This can be used together with the percentage markup.
- Exclude rates for Shipping class, slug for the shipping class for which you don’t want to show the rates from FreightExchange. If the product belongs the mentioned Shipping class and only that product is ordered than the FreightExchange rates will not be displayed, but if the product is ordered with another product which needs the LIVE rates than the FreightExchange rates will be displayed.
- Go to Settings > Shipping > Shipping options and uncheck the “Enable dubug mode” for “Debug mode” option. If this is checked then the rates will keep on recalculating and customers will be unable to proceed.
- Go to Settings > Tax > Tax options and select “Yes, I will enter prices inclusive of tax” for the option “Prices entered with tax”.
- Go to Settings > Tax > Standard rates and make sure that the shipping is unchecked, as the rates returned by FreightExchange are inclusive of GST.
You can also refer to the document Connect WooCommerce Store
How do I use this plugin?
Install this plugin from plugin library and activate it.
How to uninstall the plugin?
Simply deactivate plugin and delete it.
I don’t want to display FreightExchange quotes at the checkout. Can I do that?
Yes! Whether you display rates at the checkout, the orders details will still be imported to the FreightExchange system for dispatch.
I want to offer customers the option of collecting items from my physical store. Can I do that with your plugins?
Yes! Most online eCommerce systems give you the option of offering customers a Click and Collect service, in addition to offering accurate freight quotes from the FreightExchange plugins.
I don’t want to show FreightExchange rates at the checkout for certain products, can I do that?
Yes! Most online eCommerce systems allow you to set up rules to quote for freight on different products.
I mostly ship to residential addresses. Can I get accurate quotes and avoid extra charges?
Yes! Our plugins allow you to configure the default delivery location settings, so that you always quote for a residential delivery.
I mostly need tail lift deliveries. Can I get accurate quotes and avoid extra charges?
Yes! Our plugins allow you to configure the default delivery service settings, so that you always quote for a tail gate delivery service.
If there is a FreightExchange quote that comes through at the checkout that is too high or needs to be adjusted can we do that?
Every order that gets placed and imported to FreightExchange can be edited or deleted. It is only when you print the labels (in FreightExchange) that payment is required.
Does the FreightExchange payment apply when the customer selects the freight service at the checkout of my store?
No. It is only when you print the labels from FreightExchange that payment is required.
I have the Australia Post / Sendle / Shippit plugin installed on my store. Who’s rates will appear at the checkout?
You can manually choose which plugins provide rates at the checkout on stores on most eCommerce platforms.
Can I ship orders internationally with FreightExchange?
No. We only support domestic shipping at this point in time.
Can I ship DG orders with FreightExchange?
Yes. We support DG shipping.
Can I put a mark up on my freight.
Certainly. You can add a mark up in percentage or any fixed amount if you want to.
Can I have more than 1 freight plugin running in my WooCommerce?
As of the moment, you can’t use other plugins with our FreightExchange plugin.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“FreightExchange” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2023.06.19 – Version 1.8.5
* Tweak – Order is set to Processing when placed via confirmed payment source for example Cash of Delivery or Credit Card or BNPL.
* Fix – Support to ship products with multiple boxes.
2023.07.21 – Version 1.8.7
* Fix – Updated plugin for WordPress Listing
2023.09.05 – Version 1.8.11
* Tweak – Allowed Local Pickup Shipping options to be available always