This is a simple and clean plugin for generating new posts, categories and tags for your site.
Adding posts and terms for custom post types and custom taxonomies is possible too.
In the plugin there is an Admin Panel that will allow you to configure how many posts and with witch categories and tags to use.
You can choose to insert featured images for the posts. If you select to generate 10 posts, the first 10 images from the Media Library will be used as featured images.
Generating terms is very easy: just insert the number of new terms and select the taxonomy you want.
- Upload “generate-posts-and-terms” folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- To change the settings, go to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Generate Posts and Terms.
- That’s it!
- Why should I use this plugin?
If want to test a new theme and you need a lot of dummy posts.
- Will it break any other plugins?
I don’t think so.
- Won’t this conflict with plugins?
Don’t think so.
- Can you add a feature X?
Depends, if its useful enough and I have time for it.
Contributors & Developers
“Generate Posts and Terms” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Generate Posts and Terms” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Increased the maximum number of new posts that can be generated, from 1000 to 2000.
- Check if mysql_get_server_info() function exists.
- Add a random date to the new post.
- Increase the number of paragraphs.
- Include a forgotten function.
- First release.