This useful library makes it easy to conveniently find website visitors location and provides geographic information based on IP address lookup. It also can be used to display geo-data info in posts for specific locations and to help you create geo-target marketing campaigns.
It is a library derived from https://www.ip2location.com/developers/php but works as a WordPress plugin to simplify the setup and ease the integration work. It supports both the IPv4 and IPv6 address.
Below are the geolocation information you can retrieve from this library:
* Country code
* Country name
* Country flag
* Region name
* City name
* Latitude and longitude
* ZIP code
* Domain name
* Time zone
* Net speed
* IDD code
* Area code
* Weather station code & name
* MNC, MCC, mobile carrier name
* Usage type
* Address type
This plugin supports both IP2Location IP geolocation BIN data and web service for geolocation queries. If you are using the BIN data, you can update the BIN data every month by using the wizard on the settings page for the most accurate result. Alternatively, you can also manually download and update the BIN data file using the below links:
BIN file download: IP2Location Commercial database | IP2Location LITE database (free edition)
If you are using the IP2Location IP geolocation web service, please visit IP2Location Web Service for details.
Call the function ip2location_get_vars() in any pages, plugins, or themes to retrieve IP2Location variables. The variables are returned in object. To use lookup for a custom IP, use ip2location_get_vars(‘IP_ADDRESS’);
Please visit us at https://www.ip2location.com
We always recommend the automatic installation via the plugin menu. In case you having the difficulties to do so, below are the manual install steps:
ip2locationfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You can now start using IP2Location Variables to customize your contents.
Please take note that this plugin requires minimum PHP version 5.4.
Contributors & Developers
“IP2Location Variables” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “IP2Location Variables” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- 2.8.5 Fixed connection error.
- 2.8.4 Tested up to WordPress 6.1.
- 2.8.3 Tested up to WordPress 6.0.
- 2.8.2 Enhanced checking.
- 2.8.1 Tested up to WordPress 5.9.
- 2.8.0 Added new address type and category fields.
- 2.7.3 Tested up to WordPress 5.8.
- 2.7.2 Tested up to WordPress 5.7.
- 2.7.1 Tested up to WordPress 5.6.
- 2.7.0 Minor bug fixes and added supports up to DB24.
- 2.6.0 Updated file structures to use composer for IP2Location libraries.
- 2.5.12 Tested with WordPress 5.5.
- 2.5.11 Fixed parsing issues.
- 2.5.10 Tested with WordPress 5.4.
- 2.5.9 Increased download timeout.
- 2.5.8 Fixed typo.
- 2.5.7 Minor fixes.
- 2.5.6 Added feedback request.
- 2.5.5 Tested with WordPress 5.3.2.
- 2.5.4 Fixed variable errors when result not found.
- 2.5.3 Updated IP2Location library.
- 2.5.2 Updated documentation links.
- 2.5.1 Tested up to WordPress 5.1.1.
- 2.5.0 Upgraded IP2Location API to v2.
- 2.4.0 Added debug log.
- 2.3.1 Minor changes.
- 2.3.0 IP2Location database update changed to use download token.
- 2.2.0 Able to lookup specific IP address.
- 2.1.1 Fixed conflicts when multiple IP2Location plugins installed.
- 2.1.0 Use IP2Location PHP 8.0.2 library for lookup.
- 2.0.8 Use latest IP2Location library for lookup.
- 2.0.7 Fixed close sticky information panel issue.
- 2.0.6 Use latest IP2Location library and updated the setting page.
- 2.0.5 Fixed error when creating admin option.
- 2.0.4 Fixed uninstall hook warning message.
- 2.0.3 Fixed uninstall hook.
- 2.0.2 Fixed empty variable on first load.
- 2.0.1 Tested with WordPress 4.4.
- 2.0.0 Added suport to IP2Location Web Service. Rewrote the codes behind.
- 1.1 Support automated bin download and server variables for IP2Location.
- 1.0 Initial release