Limit-Post is one of the better WordPress post content limiters we have come across, both in terms of usability and size. Developed by labitacora.net Limit-Post provides excellent control over the post character-length and even adds the ability to create a “read more …” link with a single line of code.
With “Limit Post Add-On” we have expanded on the original plugin to include WordPress’ get_the_content tag in order to limit post copy with stripped html tags.
To install the plugin just follow these simple steps:
- Download the plugin and expand it.
- Copy the limitpost-addon folder into your plugins folder ( wp-content/plugins ).
- Log-in to the WordPress administration panel and visit the Plugins page.
- Locate the Limit Post plugin and click on the activate link.
- Replace the_content(); with the_content_limit(200, “continue…”); or
- Replace the_content(); with get_the_content(200, “continue…”);
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Limit Post Add-On” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Limit Post Add-On” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated code to ensure functionality with WordPress 6.1.1+
- Updated code to ensure functionality with WordPress 5.7.1+