Simple plugin which allows you to display author/user info inside WordPress widget. Smart feature of this plugin is user/author “auto detection” which means that it can optionally show author of current post on single post templates or on specific author archive.
- Flexible display options
- Auto detect post author on single post and author templates
- Custom avatar size
- Link avatar image to author archive (optional)
- Link user display name to author archive (optional)
- Replace widget title with user display name (optional)
Smart Author Widget plugin is created by Meks
You can see Smart Author Widget live example on our Typology theme demo website
- Upload meks-smart-author-widget.zip to plugins via WordPress admin panel or upload unzipped folder to your wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets to add and setup the widget
- For any questions, error reports and suggestions please visit http://mekshq.com/contact
Contributors & Developers
“Meks Smart Author Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Meks Smart Author Widget” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Meks Smart Author Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed: Compatibility with Widget editor in WP 5.8
- Added: Notification for meks plugins
- Fixed: Co-authors were being displayed on author archives (appeared in version 1.1)
- Added: Option to limit characters in author description
- Added: Support to work with for Co-authors plus WordPress plugin (if “auto detect author” is checked)
- Fixed: “Link author name” and “Link author avatar” not working if “Display author all posts archive link” option was not checked
- Full compatibility with WordPress 4.3
- Added a possibility for developers to override widget template through WordPress themes
- Added an option to specify custom URL and override author default archive link
- Full compatibility with new WordPress customizer in WP 3.9+
- Optimization for websites with large number of users
- Added translation files (en_US)
- Link to avatar option bug fixed
- Initial release