A simple plugin to add social sharing buttons to your single blog posts.
This plugin requires the OceanWP theme to be installed.
- Add social networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Viber, VK, Reddit, Tumblr and Viadeo.
- Alter social sharing buttons.
- Choose between three styles.
- Add social names to your sharing buttons.
- Choose the heading position.
- Add or edit the social sharing via a child theme.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins > Installed Plugins’ menu in WordPress dashboard
- Configure it via the Social Sharing section of the Customizer (Appearance > Customize)
I installed the plugin but it does not work
This plugin will only function with the OceanWP theme.
Contributors & Developers
“Ocean Social Sharing” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Improved: Theme Panel.
- Updated: WordPress version number for compatibility.
- Added: Vanilla JS.
- Added: Version updated for WordPress 5.7.
- Added: Improved Accessibility.
- Added: Dutch translation.
- Updated: Language translation strings.
- Updated: readme.txt file.
- Added: Codes for the Freemius switch.
- Added: WhatsApp button.
- Fixed: W3C HTML Validation.
- Fixed: RTL issue.
- Added: Polish translation, thanks to Fin Fafarafiel.
- Fixed: Double handle for the Twitter button.
- Added: Estonian translation, thanks to Janek Tuttar.
- Fixed: Issue with apostrophe for the Twitter button.
- Added: New field in the customizer to choose your social icons position: before, after or before and after.
- Added: Spanish language, thank you to Angel Julian Mena.
- Deleted: Admin notice if OceanWP is not the theme used.
- Fixed: Issue with the Twitter button if you add a description via Yoast SEO.
- Added: New social networks: Viber, VK, Reddit, Tumblr and Viadeo.
- Added: Three styles: Minimal, Colored and Dark.
- Added: Social names, now you can display the social name and icon.
- Added: Border Radius setting.
- Added: Heading Position field to display the heading on side or top of the social buttons.
- Tweak: Icons replaced by SVG so if you disable Font Awesome, the social share icons are still there.
- Tweak: Social windows now opens in the middle of the page.
- Added: All sanitize_callback for the customizer options.
- Added: HTTPS for the Twitter and LinkedIn sharing links.
- Fixed: Issue with Facebook sharing url fixed.
- Fixed: Issue if you add more tag to your content fixed.
- Tweak: Register translation string.
- Added: Support OceanWP 1.1.
- Tweak: Multicheck field replaced by sortable control, now you can change positioning of the social buttons.
- Fixed: Problem excerpt before the social links.
- Initial release.