The most complete and easiest way to implement HTML5 microdata markup from Schema.org (organizations, corporations, local businesses & more) into your web pages to make your content stand out in the search results. Schema.org is supported by Google, Bing, Yahoo and other crawlers/applications.
- Upload the zip package via ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ in your WP Admin OR Extract the zip package and upload the organization-schema-widget folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory via FTP
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins > Installed Plugins’ section in WP Admin
The widget will now be available in ‘Appearance > Widgets > Available Widgets’. Simply drag the widget to a sidebar and enter the business contact information you would like to display.
- How Can I Support?
The fastest way to get support for this plugin is by visiting the plugin webpage at http://www.rickrduncan.com/wordpress/organization-schema-widget. I don’t visit the WordPress.org support forum often enough to know if someone left a support question. So please visit my website if you want a reply.
- What is schema.org?
Schema.org was launched June 2, 2011 by Bing, Google and Yahoo! It has been designed to create a common set of schemas for microdata markup on web pages.
- Will using schema.org improve my site’s performance in search?
Google doesn’t use markup for ranking purposes at this time—but rich snippets can make your web pages appear more prominently in search results, so you may see an increase in traffic.
- Can I disable the Stylsheet?
Yes! Our options page allows you to disable the use of our stylesheet so that you can write your own styles in your existing stylsheet.
I like the plugin, but the address format is a small issue. If you display all the fields, it formats the address the American way (city, zip). I am in the Netherlands and most countries here write (zip city) and the UK writes the city and the éach zip on it’s own line.
The good thing is that I can choose to not display the fields and type them myself the correct way. I am just not sure how much Google will like that.
The opening hours could be more flexible and have a nicer format (like the business profile plugin)
Contributors & Developers
“Organization Schema Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bug fix: Hiding of phone number was not working properly. The phone number will now be hidden when checking the box “Do not display hours”. After you upgrade plugin you must visit the widgets page and click on SAVE to make sure everything is working properly.
- Added the ability to customize the email & URL label displayed on screen.
- Placed the URL and Email fields below phone numbers.
- Added 100+ options to the Organization Schema Type per user requests. Items like Plumber, Painter, Electrician, etc.
- Tested and works with WordPress 3.9.
- Tested and works with WordPress 3.8! Yay! No files were updated excepted this readme.txt file to show compatibility with version 3.8.
- Added the ability to customize the phone & fax number label displayed on screen. Easily change the label ‘Fax’ to ‘Facsimile’ or something else of your choosing.
- Fixed a bug in the itemprop email value when displaying email address to the screen.
- Initial release.