This plugin will parse the web address on page load looking for parameters, and add those parameters to the source URL for any iframe with a specific ID.
Example use case: pass discount and affiliate codes via page URL to embedded Eventbrite tickets widgets.
- Install via WordPress.org plugin directory (coming soon!)…or…
- Download zip file, unzip, and upload rwc-pass-parameters-to-iframe directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add id=”rwcGetParams” to any iframes you want to retrive parameters from page URL
- How do I make an iframe source URL get the parameters from the page URL?
In order for this plugin to pass the parameters to an iframe’s source URL, you have to add a specific id, rwcGetParams, to the iframe. For example
<iframe id="rwcGetParams" src="https://wordpress.org"></iframe>
Once you have added that id to the iframe, the plugin will automatically find any parameters in the URL and pass them on.
- Will this work with multiple iframes on the same page?
No. Currently, this plugin will NOT support multiple iframes on the same page, unless you want them all to load the same content.
- Will this work with many different iframes throughout the website?
Yes, this plugin will function with different iframes loading unique content, so long as they are on different pages of your website.
- What if the iframe source URL already has paramters?
If your iframe source URL already has parameters we take that into account and don’t add another question mark. Everything will work as expected.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Pass URL Parameters to Embedded iFrame” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added a check for defined parameters to prevent a value of undefined from being passed to the iframe.
- Added support for iFrame URLs that already contain parameters.
- Everything is shiny and new!