With this plugin, you can add social sharing buttons as blocks in Gutenberg.
As a first version we created only the ones we needed : print, mail, Facebook and Twitter.
You can choose Dashicons or images, and the original colours for those network, or a grayscale version.
You can use the shortcode [sssb], with the following attributes:
- text_email : string, will be the body of the email when sharing via email | Default : You might be interested by this article : %s | You can use %s it will be replaced by the title of the current post
- object_email : string, will be the object of the email when sharing via email | Default : Have a look at this article : %s | You can use %s it will be replaced by the title of the current post
- text_twitter : string, will be the default text when sharing via twitter | Default : Hey Twitter, Have a look at this! %s | You can use %s it will be replaced by the title of the current post
- show_email : 0 or 1, will 1=show or 0=hide the email button | Default : 1
- show_print : 0 or 1, will 1=show or 0=hide the print button | Default : 1
- show_facebook : 0 or 1, will 1=show or 0=hide the facebook button | Default : 1
- show_twitter : 0 or 1, will 1=show or 0=hide the twitter button | Default : 1
- colour : original, grayscale, black or white | Default : original
- display : icons or images or mail | Default : icons | mail will generate a table
- side : left or right | Default : right
- url : url | Default : current page
To contribute, in CLI
- sudo apt install npm
- npm install && npm run build
- npm run dev
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Social Sharing Button Social Sharing Button
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Go to a page or post edited with Gutenberg
- Start Adding the block Social Sharing button
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Social Share Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Hot fix for WP rétro-compatibility : check if wp_set_script_translations function exists
- Hot fix for Gutenberg compatibility : Dependencies correction
- Set default value for checkbox to true, it fixes the behaviour of showing nothing when the block is added the first time to the page
- Change Checkboxes to Toggles, because it looks nicer
- Removed the possibility of selecting black and white for image display, keeping it for icons only
0.5 & 0.6
- mail added to the display option, it builds an array instead of a list and show img instead of background images to work without CSS
- URL added as a parameter in both shortcode and block
- Black and White added as a colour choice
- Shortcode Added
- Alignement Left or Right