Provides widgets to display forecasts of surf data for a selected spot.
Queries the Magicseaweed Surf Forecast API and displays the upcoming week’s predicted surf conditions.
Forecasts wave height, swell height, swell direction, period, wind, and wind direction.
Useful options allow for an uncluttered display in tight sidebars.
Responsive design allows for any width;
- Unzip the archive and put the
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu.
- Write to email@example.com for an API Key and Secret.
- Set you API Key and Secret in the admin plugins->Surf Forecast.
- Put a check next to Use MagicSeaweed Data, indicating that you are OK with putting a powered-by MagicSeaweed
logo at the top of the forecast data they are providing you with.
- Select your surf spot on http://www.MagicSeaweed.com and retrieve the surf spot ID.
It will be the last argument in the url string once a location is selected.
Example: 3402 in the url http://magicseaweed.com/Djeno-Point-Surf-Report/3402/
- Add a widget to your sidebar and input the spot ID.
- Select the forecast graphs you wish to display and save your widget.
- Enjoy the upcoming weeks surf!
Case 1: You have a lot of width to the sidebar in which you are placing the widget.
timeLabels: ‘6 hours’
This will display the maximum amount, and most specific data available through the plugin display options.
Case 2: You do not have a lot of width to the sidebar in which you are placing the widget.
timeLabels: ’24 hours’
This will display less data with the intention to make the forecast graphs more readable by uncluttering the sidebar.
Do I have to display the Magicseaweed logo?
Yes, Magicseaweed requires it for the use of their surf data.
Why are some of my graphs empty?
Not all data will be available for all spots. You are probably accessing a bouy that doesn’t provide the data you are looking for.
Uncheck that graph in the widget admin.
How can I change the colors on the color-scaled period graphs?
Edit the functions file and look for the $periodColorMap variable.
Input you own hexColors there and the functions will create a new scale for you.
My font doesn’t look right, what do I do?
Edit the surf_report.css file in the includes folder. I would only edit the first element, AKA, #magicSeaweedSurfReport.
Fonts should be edited there because the rest of the report is responsive to those font sizes.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Unofficial Magicseaweed Surf Forecast” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
This is the first version.
For more help and support, see the plugin’s official page: http://maxssite.com/magicseaweed-surf-forecast