This plugin will animate a regular anchor navigation with a smooth scrolling effect.
Each time a link is clicked, the whole screen will gradually scroll to the targeted element, instead of “jumping” as it’d normally do.
jQuery.ScrollTo is used for the animation.
- Upload the
wp-localscrollfolder and all contents to
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- How to create jump links in WordPress?
What you need:
- An element with an id that acts as the anchor
- A link that uses the format #anchor_id
- In the Visual Editor click on the HTML Editor
- Locate the end point of the jump in HTML view
- Add an id attribute to your end point
- Using the built-in WordPress link dialog box, add your link in the usual way at the origin point
- You should be good to go
Contributors & Developers
“WP LocalScroll” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP LocalScroll” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the JS from loading on the front-end.
- Initial release.