This plugin allows you to restrict your site users from uploading files of certain types and control the maximum file upload size. Administrator can select the file types and file upload limit by user role. This plugin restricts users from uploading unwanted files using the WordPress media uploader.
It is very simple to use. You will be able give permissions role wise. To restore WordPress’s default selection, just deactivate the plugin.
Any issue? Please let me know (http://sajjadhossain.com/contact-me/).
wp-upload-restrictionfolder to the plugins directory (
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings > WP Upload Restriction settings page.
- Check/uncheck the extensions you want to allow/deny for each role.
- Check “Restrict upload size to” checkbox to restrict file upload size and enter the file size in MB.
- Save the changes.
To return back to WordPress’s default selection, just deactivate the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Upload Restriction” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed security related issues.
- Minor fixes.
- New feature: Added option for selecting file size unit (MB and KB).
- Compatibility check.
- New feature: Added option for managing custom file type.
- UI improvements
- Role wise file upload size restriction added.
- Fixed some minor issues.
- Fixed design break in settings page.
- Restructured the plugin to add role wise restriction.